How to become a member
Choosing a local church where you will grow in your faith is one of the most critical decisions you can make. Our Starting Point class is one way we help those evaluating Sovereign Grace determine if this is the right church home for them. This course is a survey of what we believe and practice as a church. We’ve designed it to help you understand how we understand the Bible. We want you to know, up front, who we are. At the end of this nine week class, we hope you’ll be equipped to make a decision about membership at SGC. Starting Point aims to discuss questions like these:
- What is the gospel?
- What has God done for us?
- How do we change and grow?
- What has God called us to do for Him?
- What does it mean to join a local church?
- How can we reach out to our communities?
- What are the reasons to get together in small groups?
Currently we offer Starting Point every fall and spring. See the church calendar to learn when the next class will begin.